The ERO EFIN/PIN is the electronic signature used on Form 8879. For consistency, each ERO is encouraged to use the same 11 numbers for their PIN on all returns for a filing season. The first six numbers of the ERO PIN is the EFIN, and it must match the EFIN in the Submission ID. The remaining five digits can be any numbers except all zeros.
To automatically generate the ERO PIN on Form 8879, from the Main Menu of TaxSlayer Pro select:
- Firm/ERO/Preparer Setup
- Preparer(s) Menu
- Select the Preparer and select Edit.
- Enter the desired five-digit PIN on the Preparer Practitioner PIN line.
NOTE: Do not send Form 8879 to the IRS unless requested to do so. You will need to retain the completed Form 8879 for three (3) years from the return due date or IRS received date, whichever is later.
To print Form 8879, from the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040) select:
- Mark Return Electronic
- Signature Authorization: 8879
- Exit out of Practitioner PIN Menu to go to the E-File Menu.
- Click the black magnifying glass icon in the tool bar at the top of the screen.
From the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040) select:
- View Results
- Double-click Form 8879