To select a bank product on an eligible state tax return, from the Main Menu of the Tax Return (Form 1040), select:
- State Return - Select a state from the list of states
- Electronic Information Menu
- Send State Return Through Bank
- You can offer your client a bank product for their state tax refund ONLY if a bank product was selected for the federal return as well.
- You cannot offer a bank product on a state tax return that is being e-filed as a state only return.
- You cannot offer a bank product on a state tax return when there is an amount due on the federal return.